Therapy Marketing Institute communities are the go-to communities for answers to any questions related to marketing and growing your private psychotherapy practice or group, and to reach and help more people, both online and off. They are designed as place where Therapy Marketing Institute members can connect, support, and encourage each other as they implement the latest marketing and practice growth strategies.
These guidelines aim to ensure that every Therapy Marketing Institute community is inclusive and inviting to psychotherapists of all skill levels. Community admins, which consist of Therapy Marketing Institute staff, will ensure that member posts and comments are relevant and appropriate. We will take any steps we deem appropriate to ensure that community conversations meet the policies described below.
POST/COMMENT MODERATION POLICY
You may be asked to edit your post or comment due to reasons of clarity, offensive content, unlawful or threatening content, or promotional content.
Depending on the severity and frequency of any offending content, you may not be notified that your post or comment has been removed. If the Therapy Marketing Institute feels that an issue needs to be addressed, the community manager will notify you privately.
Contributors may NOT make posts or comments that:
Are threatening, abusive, defamatory, indecent, harassing, offensive, etc. – or are in any way considered promotional.
We do not allow content posted in Therapy Marketing Institute communities to be collected, repackaged, and/or shared outside of the group (this includes asking members to take a survey for market research purposes).
Every member of a Therapy Marketing Institute community has a right to privacy and the right to feel safe that their questions, answers, and experiences remain privy to group members only.
ON JOB LISTINGS
The purpose of Therapy Marketing Institute communities is for peer-to-peer support related to private practice marketing and growing your business online and off. It is not a group for finding hired help.
If you’re looking to expand your team or hire some temporary support for your business, please use the Therapy Marketing Institute Jobs post that goes up each Thursday afternoon in the TMI Connect Facebook group.
We respectfully request that you do not post your listing in other areas of Therapy Marketing Institute’s Groups, as it detracts from the purpose of these groups.
To ensure that dialogue in every Therapy Marketing Institute community remains relevant and engaging for all members, you’re expected to observe 8 simple principles. The admins apply these principles when reviewing content in our communities.
- We believe debate and disagreement are constructive, but personal attacks, trolling, and abuse will not be tolerated. The key to a great community experience is an engaging and inclusive space where everyone can learn and grow. Be nice!
- We love criticism of products, services, policies, and performance (ESPECIALLY our own). Seriously, we do. For the sake of that constructive debate we just talked about, we will distinguish between useful, focused argument and smear tactics/propaganda against the Therapy Marketing Institute or any other company or product.
- We understand that people often feel strongly about issues discussed in Therapy Marketing Institute communities, but we may remove any posts or comments that others might find offensive or threatening. Not everyone has a thick skin, so please consider the impact your posts and comments can have on others.
- We reserve the right to redirect conversation or remove the ability to comment on posts that become a series of mud-throwing comments based on personal opinions or generalizations. We don’t want to stop you from discussing issues you are passionate about, but we do ask our members to find ways of sharing their views that do not feel alienating, threatening, or toxic to other members.
- Keep it relevant. Conversations in Therapy Marketing Institute communities cover a variety of topics, but if you make a post or comment that is super off-target, it might be removed in order to keep discussions on track.
- Therapy Marketing Institute communities are not an extension of Therapy Marketing Institute customer care, but it is a great place for two-way discussion and feedback. Please direct individual customer care issues and product inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or 408-486-9202.
- This is a group of your peers, not your leads. We take a very strong stance against promotion, lead generation and soliciting. Please do not offer services unless a member is specifically asking for a service. You must offer services on the public thread unless specifically asked to private message. If a member in private message solicits you without establishing a prior relationship, please let us know at email@example.com so we can look into the issue.
- The community platforms are moderated by the Therapy Marketing Institute, but the conversation belongs to everybody. We want every Therapy Marketing Institute community to be a welcome space for intelligent discussion and support, and we expect members to help us achieve this by notifying us of potential problems and helping each other keep conversations inviting and appropriate. If you spot something problematic within the community, please report the post, reach out to the community manager, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THREE STRIKES POLICY
The admins of Therapy Marketing Institute communities operate on giving the benefit of the doubt. Three warnings for behavior that goes against the community guidelines will result in a 7-day removal from the group.
After the 7-day period, you are welcome to rejoin the group on a 30-day probation. If you act against the community guidelines again during your probation, you will be permanently removed from any associated Therapy Marketing Institute communities.